District Leader Job Description
The District Leader’s primary role is to ensure the profitability of their home salon and the salon’s they
supervise. Ensure guest satisfaction and generate enthusiastic, professional environments where
employees are continuously inspired, through effective leadership, to do their best and be successful. The
District Leader must be a constant role model for all employees, garner respect, spark creativity and
understand, demonstrate, and teach the Brand Standards.
* Create a culture in your salon and within your market that is consistent with our values.
* Build relationships to develop high performing teams that work together to achieve results.
* Achieve sales, profit and expense goals provided by your SDL.
* Provide quality services that include an exceptional client consultation (Brand Standards), a price
quote and retail recommendations.
* Perform an exciting and welcoming new hire orientation utilizing the established guidelines.
* Meet or exceed minimum productivity standards as established by the company.
* Establish minimum service and sales expectations with each stylist and salon leaders in your
market. Follow-up on progress per your SDL requirements.
* Evaluate employee performance including services provided by all salon employees.
* Regularly provide feedback and training to employees.
* Prevent/handle guest complaints and perform technical adjustments as needed.
* Document technical adjustments and follow-up with the stylist.
* Monitor wait times, walk outs, and voids.
* Work the lease line during down time to promote salon and create new clients.
* Schedule for needs of the business utilizing scheduling tools and SDL guidance.
* Recruit, interview and hire staff. Work with Human Resources to schedule and collect any
* Document important conversations, incidents, and performance expectations.
* Effectively communicate with team, peers, supervisors, and support partners.
* Attend work timely and consistently, follow company policy regarding all time off requests.
* Approve salon leader and stylist time off.
* Conduct salon meetings minimally 1x per month. District Meetings as needed.
* Complete inventory, cycle counts and place orders to control salon operating costs.
* Correctly charge for all services rendered and products purchased, including proper discounting
according to Company policy.
* Perform and audit accuracy of daily opening, closing, guest service tickets and discounting.
* Responsible for ensuring bank deposits are made daily.
* Perform salon duties including but not limited to reading reports, payment processing, answering
the phone, taking appointments, stocking shelves, merchandising, dispensary/salon maintenance
* Ensure the assets of your salon and salons in your district are protected and policies followed.
* Ensure your salon and salons in your district are open for all posted hours and help schedule for
coverage of employees shifts where necessary.
* Build and maintain necessary relationships with the building management (i.g. Walmart, Facilities
Management, etc.) ensuring we are following all tenant standards including but not limited to floors,
lighting, gates/locks, operating hours, and trash.
* Current Cosmetology License in your state(s).
* Strong Customer Service (Brand Standard) and Technical Skills.
* Ability to coach, lead, and inspire others effectively.
* Business management skills (goal setting, scheduling, cash management, reporting, etc.).
* Leads by example.
* Outstanding communication skills.
* Professional appearance and presence.
* Basic reading, writing, and mathematical skills necessary to read and complete company forms.
* Ability to travel to work and arrive on time for your scheduled shifts.
* Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Requirements - The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential duties of this role.
* Visual observation of guest’s hair, including close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust
* Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
* Continuous exposure to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing services and
styling hair, including but not limited to permanent waving solutions, straightening solutions,
shampoos, conditioners, hair spray and guest’s perfume.
* Continuous repetitive movement with fingers, hands, wrists, and arms to perform various
* Occasional climbing of ladder/stepstool to stock shelves, retrieve products, change collateral, and
* Occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs. including pushing/pulling of styling chair.
* Ability to reach shoulder level and above to stock shelves and retrieve product/supplies from
cupboards and shelves.
* Ability to twist and bend to sweep hair off the floor after each service.
* Ability to travel when needed for training and possibly between salon locations.