Working at a Smartstyle Salon you’ll be a part of a creative, fast-paced, commission-based
working environment where your skill matched with our proprietary tools will
set you up for success. You will not only be performing services like haircuts,
waxing, color and highlights, or one of our specialty services, but also
providing excellent customer service as you consult with each client to
understand their needs and perform the services in a professional and efficient
Your Pay is in YOUR Control:
Commission-based pay allows our stylists to maximize their earnings for their hard work. Base
hourly pay is $9 but with getting commission instead (after earning a greater
amount than their base pay,) our stylists can make as much as $40 an hour. Or
even more after you include tips! If you put in the work, you WILL be rewarded
each and every paycheck as it pays off in spades!
Qualifications and Physical Requirements
- You must have a current cosmetology license as required by state
- You must be able to read, write, and do basic mathematics.
- Be able to work on a flexible schedule that will include evenings and weekends.
- You are able to perform administrative tasks, like closing out the system at the
- end of the day if need be.
- You have good eye sight, including close vision, color vision, and be able to
- adjust focus, to observe a client’s hair.
- Be able to stand, bend, and perform repetitive movements.
- Occasionally lift 10-25 lbs.
- Use and smell of chemicals and fragrances in the hair treatments without difficulty
- or discomfort.